What Are We Learning Right Now?
- ELAR - Discovering Other Literary Genres - During this discovery students will distinguish between autobiographies and biographies, along with learning the structures of poetry and drama. We will be reading, writing, and falling in love with these new genres.
- Math - We are diving into multiplication and division! We will be exploring the "how and why" of these mathematical processes, but will also be working on fact fluency. Practicing facts at home is crucial, so please, please, please practice with your student. :)
- Science - We are learning about Earth's natural resources.
- Social Studies - We are exploring landforms and how they affect communities.
- 1/8 - First Day of the Second Semester for Students
- 1/29 - Pastries with Parents at 7:15am
- 2/18 - Student Holiday
- 2/19-2/22 - 4th & 5th Mock STAAR (No visitors allowed during testing.)
- 2/25-3/1 - Book Fair
- 2/26 - Math & Science Night (Time TBD)
- 3/11-3/15 - Spring Break
- 3/25-3/29 - 3rd through 5th Mock STAAR (No visitors allowed during testing.)
- 4/5 - Early Release
- 5/23 - Early Release/Last Day of School
- The cafeteria doors open at 7:15 am.
- Breakfast ends at 7:40 am so that students can be seated and ready to learn by 7:45 am.
- Please don't forget to check your child's planner for updates, homework, and reading logs each night. Home reading coaches should be reading with their student for 30 minutes each night.