Hello! My name is Ann Marie Wyatt and I am proud to serve the Bertram Bulldog family this year as your school counselor. I come to Burnet with over 25 years in education, including 19 years in school counseling at various grade levels. I am excited to begin this journey and partner with staff, parents and the community to provide a comprehensive guidance plan that strives to provide all students the skills necessary to promote healthy and productive academic, social and emotional development..
My role at Bertram will include:
- Large Group Guidance lessons: utilizing Second Step SEL curriculum as well as various research based guidance curriculum sources.Lessons will include: Self Awareness, Problem Solving, Emotional Management, Goal Setting, Career Exploration, etc...
- Small Groups: Targeted intervention for students based on need. In the past, groups have included: Peer Relationship Skills, Building Positive Self Concept, Families in Transition, Emotional Management, etc... Groups are based on need and vary . Parent permission is required for group participation.
- Individual Counseling: Short Term, solution focused, strengths based interventions for students needing assistance overcoming personal barriers that interfere with their well-being and learning. Sessions are limited and referrals to outside providers are offered for students requiring more intensive therapy as school counseling is not equivalent to outside therapy in terms of breadth or depth.
- Consultation: I will work with our teachers, Student Support Team, Administration and parents to address the varied concerns and interventions necessary to promote positive academic, social and emotional growth of students.
- 504 campus coordinator. 504 is part of the Americans with Disabilities Act and guarantees certain rights for individuals with disabilities in the realm of general education. If your student has a 504 plan or you feel your child may need a 504 plan, please contact me to discuss any concerns.
- Campus Systems Support: Serving as part of our campus culture committee, we will work to provide many different initiatives and recognitions throughout the year to not only educate our students on healthy and safe choices, but recognize and celebrate their many accomplishments.
On a more personal level, my husband and I have one small "fur" baby and two grown daughters. One of our daughters is a proud recent graduate of University of Arkansas working at GM and living here in Austin! The other daughter is pursuing a PhD in Biomedical Engineering at The University of Washington allowing us a great opportunity to visit her in beautiful Seattle! In my spare time I love to travel, cook,exercise and enjoy time with family.
If there is anything I can do to serve you, please call, email or stop by!