We had a great first day of the 2021-2022 school year at Bertram! There were so many smiling faces throughout the day. Be sure that you are following us on Facebook to see pictures of some of our first-day highlights!
For tomorrow and going forward, we will have a few slight adjustments to the arrival procedure.
- Students are welcome into the cafeteria starting at 7:15 am. The rest of the campus will remain closed from 7:15 am to 7:25 am.
- Kindergarten through 5th Grade students can eat breakfast in the cafeteria from 7:15 am to 7:40 am. PreK students will eat breakfast as a class at 7:45 am. As a reminder, no parents or visitors may enter the cafeteria while students are present.
- At 7:25 am, students in the cafeteria who are not eating breakfast or who are done eating will be released to their classrooms.
- At 7:25 am, parents who would like to walk their child to the classroom door may check-in at the front office with their ID. Parents and visitors may not enter the classrooms.
- After 7:40 am, only parents and visitors with an appointment will be checked into the school. Classroom instruction starts promptly at 7:15 am. Tardy students will be escorted by staff to their classrooms if they need assistance.
- From August 18th through September 18th, we are unable to have parents or visitors attend breakfast or lunch. Further guidance will be provided by BCISD on September 18th.
A big thanks to all our parents who were patient and understanding as we dismissed over 400 students today. I promise this process gets much quicker with just a couple of weeks of practice for everyone! If you are new and have not yet received your Car Rider Pro tag, we are working to get additional tags and will send them home as soon as they come in. We are also working with Transportation to clarify bus routing.
I hope your child came home with at least one good story to share about the first day of school. We are excited to see them again tomorrow!
Alicia Harris, Principal