- Please have your child wear tennis shoes on their PE days. They will have PE every other day.
- Contact front office and nurse if there are any health concerns.
- Students will need to have a parent write a note, email, or call to have their student sit out during physical activity (unless already listed by their individualized health plan).
- Wait in line at the gym door and wait for your PE teacher to direct you.
- Be prepared with proper rubber sole tennis shoes (no sandals, slip-ons, boots, flip flops, crocs or high heels) and appropriate dress- girls wear shorts under a dress or skirt.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and a positive attitude at all times.
- Safety first! Follow all safety rules.
- Stop, Look, and Listen on the signal.
- Use school-wide signals to use the restroom or get a drink.
- Bring a note from your parent/guardian, nurse, or doctor if you cannot participate.
- Wait for your PE teacher to give you directions to line up.
- Work hard!
- Have fun!
I strive to create an environment where students learn about health and fitness, but also take responsibility for their learning and actions. Students come to PE 2-3 times a week. Each week, students will start our with a 100 (E). If students fail to participate, come to PE class improperly dressed, fail to follow expectations or are disrespectful towards other classmates/teachers, students will have points deducted. The deductions are as follows:
-Improper Dress & Shoes
-Not following expectations
-Disrespectful towards other classmates and teachers
With each deduction, the grade will be lowered to S, N, or U.
Students will get a grade each week. At the end of the six weeks, grades will be averaged to display grades as Excellent (E), Satisfactory (S), Needs Improvement (N), or Unsatisfactory (U).